January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011

Walking would be faster. Literally.

You may have heard that the D.C. area got another snowstorm last night. It was preceded by rain and succeeded by moderate temperatures, so I’m hoping things will be back to normal by the weekend. Or as normal as possible, anyway.

While I was able to get home with relative ease, that was not the case for many in the region. People abandoned their cars. In the road. And walked home or slept in their cars. I’m not even kidding; it was like something out of Dickens. (Sorta.) Since people have a habit of living an ungodly distance from their work location, I assume that when dawn broke, they turned around and walked back into the city.

Case in point, one man’s 23 miles took 8.5 hours. HOURS.



(My own 9 miles took almost an hour and a half, but I’m used to that.)

If you’re reading this on a mobile device while stuck in traffic, take heart! You should be home by Saturday!

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: