February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011

Periodical Table

Occupational hazard of living in the DC area: too much time to read. Unusually for me, I have quantifiable evidence on this. A list of my current periodical subscriptions, solely commute reading:

Entertainment Weekly
Forbes
Time
Newsweek
Dwell
Real Simple
Washingtonian

Not to add the daily commuter paper (The Express) and the book I always have on hand.

Not good, right? I mean, I’m sure George Washington spent his commute reading the Bible. (Kidding. He actually had a slave read it to him.) Whereas I’m looking at the latest Kardashian hijinks. In my defense, I have not yet acquired an e-reader. Even though such a thing as Hello Kitty e-reader skins exist.

I mean, how adorable is that? Honestly, it’ll go much easier for our eventual robot overlords if they come in the guise of HK.

Am I the only person keeping the print industry afloat, or do you have subscriptions, too?

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: