April 5, 2011

April 5, 2011

Thanks, Japan

Despite a looming government shutdown, it’s one of the most wonderful times of the year in DC: cherry blossom time. Though the ensuing hordes of allergens and tourists (WHICH IS WORSE???) can be unpleasant, those pink buds really are quite lovely.

TheBoy and I went to have a look this past weekend. So did 185 million other people.


We walked over, though some unfortunate souls thought driving would be feasible.


It was not.

Paddle boating is a popular activity, as it allows you to a) avoid the crowds and b) wear a pretty stellar orange lifejacket.

When some dude loudly uncorked a bottle, I wished to the almighty that I possessed a Federal Employee Bat Signal to get a park ranger on it.

Note to that dude: it’s super crowded, and the tidal basin has no guard rails. Is alcohol really the best addition to that equation?

Other than that, though, it was a pretty good time. I’ve seen them at night, I’ve seen them during the day, and I’ve managed to knock over zero children while doing so.

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: