August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

Commencement

Well, it’s here. The day I start my job at cabinet-department-that-shall-not-be-named. I expect to spend most of today figuring out where the bathrooms are and completing 98 forms in triplicate. I’ll also be setting up my lava lamp, collection of toys, and mementoes from federal-agency-that-shall-not-be-named.

No, wait a minute. I no longer work there. I can totally name it.

[drumroll]

The Office of Personnel Management!

[crickets]

Unless you too are a federal employee, or perhaps a retired fed, OPM means nothing to you. I totally understand. Luckily, I have found a video that attempts to sum it up. Look for an appearance by your humble blogger at 3:43.



So…yeah. Hiring and retirements and insurance and whatnot. Again: if you don’t work in government, you’ll probably never hear of it. Well, except for on this blog.

Now I need to figure out an entirely new floorplan without causing a security breach.

1 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke:

I though this video was made circa 1992, until I saw you were really in it (I love Where's Waldo, but for a moment I thought you were pulling my leg).

Mostly, I just find it awesome the VO guy sounds like he's saying 'Opium' and not OPM.

Actually, Opium would make both Government *and* this video cooler.