September 18, 2011

September 18, 2011

Fall 2011: What I'll Be Watching

I’m not sure about you, but I’m always interested to know what TV shows my friends are watching, what new shows they’re trying, and what old shows they’ve dropped. Though my opinions are in no way authoritative, I hope they’ll give you something to chew on. Here, then, a night-by-night guide to my planned viewing. New shows are in bold.

Sunday
Pan Am

Sunday Summary: In the absence of my Don Draper fix, I will do what I must. (See: The Playboy Club, below.)

Monday
How I Met Your Mother
Gossip Girl
Castle
Hawaii: Five-O
The Playboy Club

Monday Summary: Mostly returning favorites, though Castle is waxing and Gossip Girl is waning. I’m tentatively committing to The Playboy Club only because I’m so desperate for anything a la Mad Men. (The Sing-Off will be viewed via Hulu, and only the actual performance parts. It’s a practice I adopted for this season of Project Runway and it is a FABULOUS time-saver.)

Tuesday
NCIS
Glee
New Girl

Tuesday Summary: I like to think I’m single-handedly bringing down the average age of NCIS viewership by a year or two. It’s millions of seniors…and me. I’ve seen the New Girl pilot on Hulu and found it just this side of Too Twee. Not making any promises, though.

Wednesday
Modern Family

Wednesday Summary: As has been the case a few years running, Wednesday is a light night. I’ll use it to watch two of my three “Monday at 10 pm” shows, since I’m usually only half-awake at that time to begin with. CBS does a terrible job of putting its stuff online, so I typically watch Hawaii: Five-O live.

Thursday
Community
Parks and Recreation
The Office
Whitney

Thursday Summary: The ads for Whitney have amused but not annoyed me. I’m not hopeful the show itself will maintain that record, but I’m going to try it. I’ve started following Whitney Cummings on Twitter, and she est amusant enough to pique my interest.

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: