February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012

The State of the Midseason

It occurred to me that I haven’t checked in with everybody’s viewing habits in quite some time. By which, of course, I mean that I haven’t told you what I’m watching. This blog is currently one-way technology, though I hope to have the cameras in your houses up and running any day now.

I’m sorry, what?

Anyway, a quick day-by-day:

Sunday:

Californication

I’ve completely lost most of the major threads, though I’m amazed how much the actress playing Becca has grown to resemble the actress playing Becca’s mother. Fortuitous casting there. Also, Marcy: never not funny.

Monday:

How I Met Your Mother
Gossip Girl
Smash
Hawaii: Five-0
Castle

I’m considering giving up on Gossip Girl, since they long ago convoluted themselves right out of my interest zone. Castle continues to delight me every time I actually pay attention to the episode, which is sadly pretty rarely. Smash reminds me of what Glee once was, and I’m #TeamIvy all the way.

Tuesday:

NCIS
Glee
New Girl
Southland

Southland is perhaps my favorite show on TV right now. (Until Don Draper comes along to sweep me off my feet in a smoke-filled haze.) It’s incredibly depressing, in a so-bad-it’s-good kind of way. I’m not strong enough to watch The Wire, so I watch this instead.

Wednesday:

Whitney
Modern Family

SHUTUP already about how much you hate Whitney. It makes me laugh, even as I wonder whether she ever actually eats anything.

Thursday:

Community
30 Rock
Parks and Recreation
The Office

It pains me to say this, but someone needs to put The Office out of its misery. And NOT by giving Dwight a spinoff.

Parks and Recreation, on the other hand, needs to go on for a good long while.

Friday:

Who Do You Think You Are?

Watching celebrities discover their genetic history will never get old. I don’t care that by season 35, they’ll be on the Z-list. As someone who has no interesting ancestors, I envy and respect those who do.

What are you (still) watching?

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: