April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012

GSA-Holes

Loath though I am to blog about anything even remotely work-related, you’d have to live under a rock to not have heard that the General Services Administration knows how to throw one pretty freakin’ amazing party.

I myself have attended two GSA-sponsored conferences, both of which were open to employees across federal government. One was held in Orlando in May 2010, the other was held in San Diego in May 2011. (For your reference, this year’s conference will be held in San Antonio.)

Most of my souvenirs from that trip were provided by vendors. Normal course of business for anyone with purchasing power, no matter the sector. The GSA goodies I got were minimal—a small notebook, a pen, etc.

Though I’ve been closely following this week’s Congressional hearings, and watching several hours’ worth of video, that speaks just as much to my interest in schadenfreude as my interest in the subject matter. As Congressional hearings go, these have been rather heated and entertaining.

Don’t even get me started on the Secret Service thing. Oy.

Please keep in mind that not all 2 million of us are actively wasting your money. Most of us assiduously try to avoid it, in fact. Though it would be a shame to not link to my new favorite segment of The Daily Show EVER:

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
GSA-holes
www.thedailyshow.com





0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: