September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012

American Science & Surplus

When you grow up in a place with a specific attraction, I think you become inured to its charms. I'm glad I didn't grow up in DC, for I don't think I'd fully appreciate its gazillion free museums. I imagine the people of Ohio are let down by every non-Cedar Point amusement park, and the citizens of Minneapolis find most shopping malls a complete letdown.

Not until I started dating a scientist (a self-styled one, anyway) did I realize that few people have been in American Science & Surplus. It's a store full of, well, a little bit of everything. Though its main bailiwick is scientific and military supplies, you never know what'll turn up. And the humorous signs accompanying each item are sorta the best part.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Just know that a young Heather spent many an hour perusing these aisles and ogling test tubes in various sizes.














Does your hometown (or current town) have a similarly unique experience that you've become used to?

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: