September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

The Hap-Happiest Season of All

It is, once again, the most wonderful time of the year. Fall TV is coming back!

Since time immemoriam (actually circa 2001), I have taped Entertainment Weekly’s Fall TV Calendar to my bedroom door, with new and returning favorites highlighted in yellow. It's a simple system, but it works. It'll be less good when it's holograms in my spacepod.

My returning favorites have stayed pretty much the same as last year, though some have shuffled to new nights. Glee is on Thursdays…Whitney and Community are on Fridays—the first time in a long time that I’ve had shows on that night. (Long live TGIF!) Good thing I have no social life to speak of. Well, none that I’d let interfere with my TV watching, anyway.

I’ve stopped watching Hawaii: Five-O, simply because 10 pm on Mondays finds me a) sleeping, b) watching Castle, or c) both. I’m glad that Gossip Girl is wrapping up, because I don’t want to be simultaneously 30 years old and watching a show about high schoolers. I do have that tiny shred of dignity left.

New favorites so far include The Mindy Project, Go On, and Revolution. I’ve watched the pilots of all three online already, and I enthusiastically endorse the first two and cautiously endorse the third. So long as Revolution keeps the answers coming, I’ll be happy. But introduce too many questions without rewards, and I will 4-8-15-16-23-42 you to heck, JJ Abrams.

The sked (network shows only; I watch the cable stuff illegally and so have no idea when it actually airs):

Monday
Gossip Girl
Castle


Tuesday
NCIS
New Girl
Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23
The Mindy Project


Wednesday
Modern Family

Thursday
30 Rock
The Office
Parks & Recreation
Glee


Friday
Whitney
Community


New show I can’t convince myself to try: Elementary
Old show I tried and wished I’d kept up with: Blue Bloods

How about you?

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: