November 14, 2012

November 14, 2012

Away, Far Over Jordan

Not much to say about Jordan, honestly, because I was there for a really short time (flew in late Monday evening, worked Tuesday and Wednesday, flew out at 3 a.m. on Thursday). My hotel room was serviceable:


And I got to try the Jordanian version of my beloved room service Oriental Mixed Grill:


Note the bowl of potato wedges versus Egypt’s plate of French fries. Point Egypt.

Jordan reminded me most of the pictures of Biblical Jerusalem I grew up seeing in Sunday School. Lots of low, tan buildings. Amman is very (VERY) hilly, so buildings next to one another would sometimes have startlingly different altitudes. Imagine that the porch of the house next door was four stories higher than your porch.


No time for touristing, though I was told that Petra and the Dead Sea are amazing. I believe it. Just didn’t have the time.

Overall, though, I’m glad to be back in the United States (hurricanes and elections and all). Now I just need to figure out what to do with the euros, Egyptian pounds, and Jordanian dinar I have. So many coins, you guys!

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: