February 3, 2013

February 3, 2013

Didn't We JUST Have Super Bowl XL?

I could've sworn last year was XL. Yet here we are, basically at L's doorstep.

Remind me again why we use Roman numerals for...well, anything at this point?

Anyhoo, the best part of any big event the Super Bowl is the food. Obviously. Even in a year when the Packers make it to the Big Dance, I'm more concerned with how much cheese I can eat without overdosing on lactose.

(Answer: 3.5 pounds, or 77 cracker-sized squares. Ask not how I know.)

Whether my party is attended by one or one hundred (as if), I like to put out a good spread. The key is to think strategically. What will be served? Where will it go?


I like to do a dry run before the day. Keeps things organized during the heat of battle.




I decided this year to make something. DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! Thankfully, it was just bowls made of Rice Krispie treats. We used them for ice cream.


God bless America. And the Ravens, though I would've been happy with either outcome. I like the NFC, but I like closer to Baltimore. Six of one, as they say. The only down side was that I had to miss Downton Abbey. C'mon, PBS! Work with us here!

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: