March 19, 2013

March 19, 2013

We're All Mad Here, 2013 Edition

It’s March, and that means one thing.

No, not the arrival of the first wave of Spring Break-ing tourists.

No, not St. Patrick’s Day.

No, not the start of spring.

No, not Easter.

It’s March, and one of the many things that means? March Madness.

Though serious people fill out multiple brackets, join pools, and wager money on the outcomes of the games, I simply fill out a bracket and forget about it. It’s the Ron Popeil theory of game play: set it and forget it.

As I’ve mentioned before, I pick winners based on geographical proximity to places I’ve lived, interesting mascots, and so on. Things like winning records, team skills, and coaching expertise are less important to me than the fact that Gonzaga is pretty freaking fun to say.

My bracket runs thus:


I have Duke winning because friend-of-blog A works there and I’ve visited the campus. It’s like how you always vote for your Dad when he runs for President.

Go Blue Devils!

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: