September 20, 2013

September 20, 2013

The State of the TV Schedule: Fall 2013

Several of the entertainment publications I read describe the new crop of fall shows using words that rhyme with “oring” and “ackluster.” Frankly, I agree. A couple of new shows vaguely pique my interest (Hostages, Super Fun Night), but I’m committing only to Sean Saves the World. (Here’s hoping it’s “Just Jack—The Series.”) I’ll check the rest out on Hulu and we’ll go from there.

Mondays
How I Met Your Mother

Tuesdays
NCIS
New Girl
The Mindy Project

Wednesdays
Modern Family
Revolution

Thursdays
Parks and Recreation
Sean Saves the World
Glee
Scandal

Fridays
Undercover Boss

Saturdays
Saturday Night Live

Sundays
Boardwalk Empire

This is an alarmingly light load. Were this college, I’d be one of those weird part-time students. Yet I expect to find enough to keep me busy that I needn’t return to any shows I’d given up (Hawaii: Five-0, Castle, or Blue Bloods). The internet has a way of filling in the blanks when it comes to entertainment.

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: