March 25, 2014

March 25, 2014

Ian Fletcher Can't Catch a Break

A few years ago, the BBC aired Twenty Twelve—a satirical look at the machinations before London’s Olympic Games. Even in Britain, and even with the Olympics, the folks running the show are often buffoons. Because it was very much along the lines of Veep or In the Loop, I loved it. In fact, I loved it so much I paid full price in iTunes for it. (Full series on Hulu Plus here.)

The BBC has now spun off some of the TT characters in W1A. Instead of the Olympics, this series focuses on the BBC itself. Think The Newsroom but focused on Charlie rather than Will. Worth mentioning: Hugh Bonneville (aka LORD EFFING GRANTHAM) plays the main character and seeing someone from Downton Abbey using a cell phone is exactly as weird as you would hope.

My favorite character, though, is Siobhan Sharpe, media consultant extraordinaire. I don’t care how amazing you are; if you tell me you work in social media, I pretty much imagine you to do this all day:


Fantastic, okay? Okay? Fantastic.

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: