July 30, 2014

July 30, 2014

Until Oxt Time

Have you ever heard the term “next weekend” and been confused about what it meant? Today, for example, is Wednesday, July 30th. When is next weekend? Is it August 2-3? August 9-10?

I would tell you that “next weekend” is August 9-10. August 2-3 is this weekend. Duh doy.

But plenty of people, TheBoy included, would have you label the next weekend (in this case, August 2-3), as “next weekend.” Duh doy.

What’s one to do? Eliminate the ambiguity by using a new word: oxt. Meaning not-this-coming-one-but-the-one-after:


A thing of beauty, and a joy forever.

Speaking of things of beauty, my annual Tour of the Greater Milwaukee Area Featuring the Wisconsin State Fair starts tomorrow. My big three food items this year are Gator-on-a-Stick, Shark-on-a-Stick, and Python Spring Rolls. (Really, I’m looking for things that are odd and of questionable legality; those are the things that are tastiest. Adam Carolla had a whole thing on whales this week, and I can attest that they are DELICIOUS.)

So that’s what I’ll be doing this weekend, but we’ll come back together oxt Monday, okay?

(SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)

0 Fish in a Sea of Diet Coke: